Our commitments : create a benevolent and virtuous business model, focused on eco-responsibility
Since its creation in 2013, StoneLeaf has been working towards a responsible and benevolent business model, which ensures that we create a positive ecosystem at every stage of the value chain with our customers, our suppliers, our partners, our community and the planet.
Environmental is a critical link in the chain, and when it comes to minimizing it, controlling logistics is a critical link in the value chain. Everyone’s impact is important and StoneLeaf is well aware of this. All StoneLeaf’s product packaging is designed to be shipped in the most optimal way, in the fewest number of packages. This requirement has the direct effect of reducing CO2 emissions during storage and shipping.
StoneLeaf is also aiming for 100% recyclable packaging / 0% plastic and uses a maximum of recycled materials: cardboard packaging, recycled tape, 70% recycled bubbles… This desire for progress has been strengthened over the years and is now fully integrated into the company’s development process.
In addition, the logistical assembly operations are carried out in partnership with ESAT (Établissements et Services d’Aide par le Travail). These are medical and social establishments whose objective is the social and professional integration of disabled adults where the work offered is adapted according to the disability of the person. In an ESAT, the work is adapted to the person and not the other way around.
5 principles that drive our commitments :
1. Produce a lot with a little : the stone sheet we have developed is made from natural stone blocks. We craft our final product directly from these stone blocks. Due to the thinness of our final product, we only need to extract a small layer of the stone for each panel we manufacture. Consequently, a standard-sized block provides enough material for more than 200 m2 of stone panels. In comparison, with massive stone, we would have only produced 20 to 30 m2. The raw material is used comprehensively, without waste.
2. Choose the right materials : as natural stone remains the main element of StoneLeaf, we also use resin to extract the stone layers necessary for production. Our resin is bio-based and comes from renewable resources. We supply ourselves within a radius of less than 200 km from our factory to limit transport and the carbon footprint.
3. A material created to stay long time : due to the quality of the stone and resin we use, our StoneLeaf products are guaranteed for 10 years so that you can enjoy them for as long as you want. We’ve created a virtuous and sustainable model for our clients.
4. Think Green : we encourage our larger customers to return StoneLeaf materials to the factory when they are no longer needed. We reuse the resin for sample products and we break down the stone into powder for finishes and quality control for our products.
5. Minimize the impact of transport : we are expanding our storage network in several regions of the world to have StoneLeaf materials available as close as possible to our customers, to minimize transport and our carbon footprint. We also prioritize marine transportation rather than air transportation whenever possible.
These driving principles are also accompanied by our various certifications :
Our factory is ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certified
StoneLeaf products are Label A+, BREEAM INTERNATIONAL and AIR COMFORT GOLD certified
We follow LEED v4.1 protocols for moving and construction materials
Our products are CE certified
Euroclasses Fire : we meet European standards and can provide test results
Making StoneLeaf a positive business model also requires a constant desire to progress and ever greater transparency on its approach, its materials and on any questions you may have.
You have questions ? Don’t hesitate to send us an e-mail at [email protected]